Introduction to the blog...

Hi, my name's Toby Wildgoose. I'm a 21 year old who's obsessed by sport, so much so, that I am looking to become a sports journalist/media officer in later life.

I've set up this blog not only so that I can improve and refine my writing skills, but also to provide a platform for potential employers to view my work.

I have already developed a small portfolio of my work, with my experience in the industry including: written match reports for junior football teams, published work at numerous EFL clubs in a variety of formats, and work experience placements at Chesterfield FC and Rotherham United Community Sports Trust - to see my full portfolio click here: http://goo.gl/VWws3H.

I hope to post as often as possible on this blog about anything that is sport related. Please find the time to read any of my posts.

Any comments or suggestions on how I can improve the blog would be greatly appreciated, and I would also be happy to receive any other suggestions for work experience. Please comment on here, email me (tobywildgoose@gmail.com), or even tweet me (@TobyWildgoose). Cheers!

Start Date: 11/12/12 (Aged 15)

Friday 31 January 2014

Match Preview: Rotherham United vs Leyton Orient

Rotherham United will be looking to making it two wins on the bounce as they take on Leyton Orient at the New York Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

The game follows a hard-fought 2-1 victory over Tranmere Rovers in midweek, which saw Alex Revell grab two goals in a man-of-the-match display.

Orient come into the game on the back of four straight wins and will be looking to do the double over the Millers after a 1-0 victory earlier in the season.

New signing Nicky Adams could make his Rotherham debut after signing for an undisclosed fee from Crawley Town on transfer deadline day. 

Defender Miles Addison is likely to return to the Millers' side after illness forced him to miss Tuesday's win over Tranmere.

Midfielders Lee Frecklington and Rob Milsom will also be available for selection despite coming off injured during the second-half of Tuesday's game.

Last result: Leyton Orient 1-0 Rotherham United, Saturday 26th October 2013.

My interview with Leyton Orient fan Tim Morris...

Q1: Hi Tim, thanks for agreeing to answer my questions. To start with, how long have you been an Orient fan and how’d you get into supporting them? This is my 9th season as an O's fan. Living close to London and not actually supporting anyone before, me and a mate decided to go and see a football match. That happened to be Orient v Boston and it kind of stuck!

Q2: So, now that we’re over half way through the season how would you assess Orient’s fortunes so far? Unbelievable. After last season, play-offs were the aim. Though as the season has gone on that has changed. We're scoring a lot and are fairly solid at the back. Hopefully we'll make it to the Championship!

Q3: Who’s been your stand out performer(s) and why? For me it's been Elliott Omozusi, purely because he is a right back who filled in at left back and made the position his own. He's worked hard and it's paying off for us.

Q4: How do you see the rest of the season going? Bare minimum for us now has to be the play-offs, but provided we can stay clear of injuries and suspensions as much as possible then we could well take it to the wire.

Q5: Finally, prediction for Saturday’s game? 2-1 Orient, with Revell scoring against his old club, Mooney and Dagnall for us.

Make sure to follow Tim on Twitter (@TJMLOFC)

No comments :

Post a Comment