Introduction to the blog...

Hi, my name's Toby Wildgoose. I'm a 21 year old who's obsessed by sport, so much so, that I am looking to become a sports journalist/media officer in later life.

I've set up this blog not only so that I can improve and refine my writing skills, but also to provide a platform for potential employers to view my work.

I have already developed a small portfolio of my work, with my experience in the industry including: written match reports for junior football teams, published work at numerous EFL clubs in a variety of formats, and work experience placements at Chesterfield FC and Rotherham United Community Sports Trust - to see my full portfolio click here: http://goo.gl/VWws3H.

I hope to post as often as possible on this blog about anything that is sport related. Please find the time to read any of my posts.

Any comments or suggestions on how I can improve the blog would be greatly appreciated, and I would also be happy to receive any other suggestions for work experience. Please comment on here, email me (tobywildgoose@gmail.com), or even tweet me (@TobyWildgoose). Cheers!

Start Date: 11/12/12 (Aged 15)

Wednesday 8 November 2017

Gallery: Harrogate Railway Athletic 1-6 Pontefract Collieries

Last weekend, I decided to attend the NCEL Premier Division fixture between Harrogate Railway Athletic and Pontefract Collieries at Station View. I also chose to take my camera along to the game as this allowed me to practice my sports photography.

During the game, I encountered a number of problems which made it difficult for me to capture the images I desired. A large shadow was the major issue as it draped itself over most of the pitch and therefore cast the players into shade. Getting down to pitch level was also a problem as the terracing behind the goal was slightly raised, meaning that more grass made it into the shots than I would have preferred. Unfortunately, my camera is nowhere near the level of a professional photographers' and so, after the sun had set, I could no longer continue to shoot. 

Despite this, I have a small selection of photos that I'm quite pleased with: 

The high-paced tempo of the game is set early on.

This soon results in Pontefract open the scoring after just seven minutes (0-1).

The Pontefract players celebrate their opening goal (0-1).

Ponte double the lead with a long-range effort (0-2).

The Harrogate players appear dejected as Pontefract celebrate their second goal (0-2).

A scramble in the box sees Harrogate Railway clear their lines from a corner.

 Harrogate's No. 10 is given a talking to by the referee.

The Colls' players celebrate their third goal of the afternoon... (0-3).

...And are soon joined by more of their team mates (0-3).

 Pontefract look to further extend their lead.

Another attack soon follows.

A Pontefract player looks to keep the ball in play...

...But a Harrogate defender sees out the danger.

It was unfortunately at this point where the limitations of my camera (and lens) meant that conditions became too dark to shoot in, and so I decided to put my camera away.

No comments :

Post a Comment